It’s not only the end of the work week, it’s foodie Friday! I like cooking healthy, low fat dinners and tonight I am making one of my favorite ones – Veggie Patties! They’re delicious, healthy, and pretty easy to make. If you’re looking for a low key, healthy, yet scrumptious meal, try these ASAP!
Total time: 40 minutes Prep Time: 30 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes
2 tbsp canola oil, divided
1/2 cup minced onion
1/2 cup minced green bell pepper
1/2 cup minced carrot
2/3 cup drained white kidney beans (Cannellini)
1 egg, lightly beaten
3/4 cup italian seasoned dry bread crumb
1. In a non-stick skillet heat 1 tbsp oil
2. Add onion, carrot, and green pepper to skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are soft, about one minute.
3. Set aside to cool slightly Using a fork, in medium mixing bowl mash beans; stir in egg.
4. Add bread crumbs and vegetable mixture; mix until thoroughly combined.
5. Shape mixture into 4 equal patties.
6. Set patties on plate; cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 20 minutes.
7. In same skillet heat 1 tsp. of the remaining oil.
8. Add 4 patties; cook over medium heat, turning once, until browned on both sides and heated through.