1 pound ground sirloin
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp ginger, minced
4 scallions, finely chopped
1/2 cup red pepper, chopped
3 tbsp dark soy sauce plus 1/3 cup
1 tsp dark sesame oil
1 tbsp honey
2 limes, juice and zest
1. Finely chop red pepper and scallions and put in a big mixing bowl.
2. Mince garlic and ginger and add to the chopped up scallions and red pepper.
3. Add ground sirloin, soy sauce, and lime zest to the vegetables and mix until everything is well combined.
4. Roll the meat into 24 walnut size balls.
5. Preheat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and add vegetable oil. Add the meatballs and don’t turn over until they are browned on one side, about two minutes. Turn the meatballs and continue to cook, browning them on all sides until cooked through, about 3-4 minutes.
6. While the meatballs cook, prepare the sauce. To make the sauce, combine the remaining ginger, the 1/3 cup of soy sauce, the lime juice, sesame oil, honey, and 2 tbsp of water.
7. Place the finished meatballs on a nice serving platter. Serve with the lime dipping sauce. You can add lime wedges to the plate for decoration. See picture for reference.